FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a multiclip with Camera angle stopping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon smitherton
Making a multiclip with Camera angle stopping
on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:31:53 am

Hi,

I'm Trying to create a multiclip at the moment. The camera people buttoned on/off during the shoot generating multiple clips. All up I have 30 corresponding clips to 4 different angles.

I have assigned the clips and angles the correct meta data but FCP just stacks all the files in to a 30 angle multi-clip rather than sort them by 4 angles based on the time code.

I can't get the create multi-clip function to look at the angles.

At this stage I am considering just making quicktime references of each camera, then reimporting those files and making a multi-clip from that.

Unfortunately then I lose my link to my original footage.

Does anyone know of any particular bugs in FCP7 that might be causing this problem?

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Making a multiclip with Camera angle stopping
on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:48:48 pm

Unfortunately, you can't make a normal group clip with FCP 7 when the camera starts and stops like this. FCX addressed this issue and it works great. But FCP 7...nope. The best you can do is make a sequence with the footage staggered and the audio continuous. And use that sequence to edit. MAKE SURE that you map OVERWRITE WITH SEQUENCE CONTENT mapped to a key, or press OPT when you press the red OVERWRITE arrow. This will bring the clips from the other sequence over. If you don't, it'll nest everything and that is bad.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jon smitherton
Re: Making a multiclip with Camera angle stopping
on Dec 8, 2014 at 1:08:50 pm

As I thought.
Thanks Shane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved