FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Parraga
FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?
on Nov 25, 2014 at 8:53:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I've looked everyone online but I'm not able to find the answer. Is there any way to change the audio TC rate from 25 to 30? I've messed with the Easy Setup and the Audio/Video settings and tried reimporting many times but nothing works. I also tried using the Modify > Timecode... but the frame 30 is grayed out.

Here's the thing though, about 80% of the audio has a TC rate of 30, which is great. But the other 20% was recorded at 25 for some reason so when I try to sync everything on the timeline, which is base 30, the audio starts to drift for that last 20% of the footage.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!


Return to posts index


Michael Gissing
Re: FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?
on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:30:37 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:30:55 am

Wave Agent from Sound Devices. Freeware utility that can alter audio meta data including embedded timecode rate in bwavs


Return to posts index

Martin Parraga
Re: FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?
on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:11:22 pm

This worked!! A million thanks, Michael. Such an easy fix(:


Return to posts index


Simon Green
Re: FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?
on Apr 24, 2015 at 10:52:47 pm

Martin & Others,

1. Does audio have a timecode? I thought it just had a sampling rate, such as 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.

2. I also ask this question because I've had a lot of trouble today with syncing audio to video. The video was 30fps video shot with an iPhone. The audio was recorded with a lav and was sampled 44.1 kHz. I put these both into PluralEyes and it synced perfectly there... but when I exported it to FCP7 via XML, the audio would drift after a couple of minutes, and by 10 minutes in, it was completely out of sync. I looked over a few threads on this forum, and tried several fixes, but couldn't get it to work, and in the end I had to sync manually, every couple of minutes. If someone can give me some tips on how to fix that or how to avoid that ever happening again, please let me know!

Thanks


Return to posts index

Martin Parraga
Re: FCP 7 Audio Drift. How do I change audio TC rate from 25 to 30?
on Apr 27, 2015 at 8:27:50 pm

Hi Simon,

Audio does have timecode just like video. If the timecode/frame rates don't match then you will have audio drifting every few minutes just like you described. I would try using Wave Agent to change the timecode/frame rate of the audio to match that of the iPhone.

iPhones usually shoot in 29.97 Drop-Frame. So in Wave Agent after you import your audio, change the frame rate to 29.97 DF under the recording info. After that hit Save in the lower-left corner which will automatically overwrite your audio file with the new frame rate so make sure you have a backup just in case.

Hope this helps!


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]