FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problem.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jim
Audio Problem.
on Nov 25, 2014 at 7:12:09 pm

Hi, I really don't know if this is where I should post this but I'm guessing its the best bet!
I stupidly recorded some audio in an interview really low on my Tascam DR 60D. I'm not actually sure
what I did. I was in a rush and didn't check the levels. I'm not a soundman but that's no excuse.

Anyway, when I play it on my Mac it sounds okay volume if everything is turned up to the max. So the loudness is there, without distortion, but when I bring it into FCP 7, I can't bring the levels up that high. It still sounds really too quiet.

I was wondering if there's any program or way of changing the levels to have it saved at that volume so I can get away with it! I know if I played it back and re-recorded it with Audio Hijack it should work, but I'm sure there's gotta be a better way.

Please someone help me hide my mistake! :-)
Cheers!

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Audio Problem.
on Nov 25, 2014 at 8:19:27 pm

Try the old non-linear trick of copying and pasting the audio on a track just below the original. In a sense, doubling the audio output. Do this copy/paste as many times as you need to bring it up to level.

Also a simpler way, you add a gain filter to the clip. Effects/Audio Filters/ Final Cut Pro/Gain

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio Problem.
on Nov 26, 2014 at 12:45:26 am

....or you can take the audio into Soundtrack Pro and normalize it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]