FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone tried final cut 7 in Yosmite yet?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendy Peter
Has anyone tried final cut 7 in Yosmite yet?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:37:32 pm

I had my computer die while halfway through a project I am completing in final cut 7. It was under warranty and they gave me a new computer that was running OSX.. or whatever the one before Yosmite is. My final cut 7 is working fine with the current software. However the rest of my computer life is messed up because nothing sinks or works quite as it should do to the changes they put in my computer in reediness for yosmite... Long story... short question... has anyone actually tried running yosmite with final cut 7...I can't switch it unless I am 100 % certain it's not going to kill it. I have several months of work left.. so I will hack it out.. but just curious as to others experiences.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Has anyone tried final cut 7 in Yosmite yet?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:44:49 pm

Stay in Mavericks for now,to complete your work, which kinda sorta works okay, let the risk-takers wring it out in Yosemite, because from skimming other threads I see it's already showing more than a few little problems. Or see if the repair shop can image your old boot drive for you and run the system from that image.

Never. Ever. Upgrade in the middle of a project; always wait until everything is done. And don't begin a major upgrade until you've imaged and archived everything from the old system.

Return to posts index

Wendy Peter
Re: Has anyone tried final cut 7 in Yosmite yet?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:52:34 pm
Last Edited By Wendy Peter on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:53:05 pm

Thanks... It is working now.. and yes, I have to admit you are right. Just hate the fact that my phone and iPad and calendars and e-mail will not sync until; I make the change... I guess thats lifes way of giving me a motivation to finish the project :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]