FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 video jump exiting transition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter frehley
Final Cut Pro 7 video jump exiting transition
on Nov 8, 2014 at 7:46:15 am

Gday all. Have looked everywhere for a resolution but can't find anyone with same issue.
I have FCP 7 on an iMac 27" running 10.7.5.

For last 12 months when adding a transition or overlay Title, the video "jumps" when exiting the point where the Transition or title ends.
Even if using pen tool to create 'fade in from black', the video 'jumps' slightly at the point where opacity becomes 100%.
All is good if no transition and video flows from one clip end hard into the next clip.

Yes i've rendered vid & audio. When exported to say a .mov to see the bounced clip, the jump in the video is still evident in the exported clip.

Never had this issue before possibly an upgrade to latest Mac version and wonder if there's a fix..??

iMac is a 2010 model. Software & system worked perfectly for last 4 yrs until I guess system was upgraded...

Help >_<

Return to posts index

peter frehley
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 video jump exiting transition
on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:32:09 am

Just to add;

The jump only occurs on playback at normal speed. Scrub through frame by frame and it looks perfect coming out of the Transition.
There's no 'jump' on entering any Transition of Title overlay.
Doesn't matter if you add a pre-made FCP Transition, or if you use the pen tool and crete points to face a clip in from black.... it still 'jumps' when comes to 100% opacity.

Got me stuffed... >_<

Return to posts index

peter frehley
on Nov 9, 2014 at 1:35:38 am

Looks like might have solved the issue of the Glitch...

Changed the Sequence Setting to Apple Pro Res 422 and all good. Was previously set as HDV.

The raw footage was imported directly from Sony Actioncam to the Mac, then used Sony Actioncam software to add GPS overlay which then created a .mp4 video file which was then added to FCP.

Happy now... ^_^

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 10, 2014 at 5:15:17 pm

Ah...FCP and MP4 doesn't mix. Quick solution is to use a ProRes sequence and render to it. But the best option is to convert the raw footage to ProRes, or other FCP editing codec. H.264, MP4...FCP doesn't work well with those. And you see how it doesn't

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Duffy
on Nov 11, 2014 at 8:00:37 pm

Hi Guys, sorry not totally thread related. Peter you mentioned upgrading your iMac. Just wondering if any of you have upgraded to Maverick and whether FCP 7 was affected in any way?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]