FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Low audio Hum????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
A. Wolf Mearns
Remove Low audio Hum????
on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:34:13 am

I have be having an issue with trying to remove a low frequency hum from some audio I have captured. There is a sample of one of the clips on youtube here

I have tried a bunch of different settings in FCP non seem to handle the issue.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Remove Low audio Hum????
on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:01:43 pm

You may have to step up to a plugin like iZotope RX or other noise cleanup software.

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 5, 2014 at 7:51:41 pm

Are you sure you're doing this right, and are you doing it in FCP7, FCPX, or what? The remove noise plug-in first asks you to get a clean sample of just the noise - did you do that first?

Are you trying to use parameteric EQ for this? In that case, you start by boosting the lower bands until you REALLY hear the hum, then you have it isolated to one or two bands, and you drop those way down.

Return to posts index

A. Wolf Mearns
on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:07:26 pm

I am using FCP7 and actually in my case I am not and have really never been efficient at editing/working with audio. It is all sort of foreign to me.
I do have the hum isolated although not sure what you mean. This is why i'm reaching out.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:27:42 pm

If you're using FCP 7, you should also have Soundtrack Pro. Try exporting your audio to Soundtrack Pro, then use the Noise Reduction filter to clean up your sound.

I wouldn't say that you can readily change bad sound into great sound, but you can certainly bring it into the acceptable range most of the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]