FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vagn Steen
Log and Transfer
on Oct 30, 2014 at 11:51:02 am

I am working at a client's house system. I am ingesting the Sony SXS format using Log and Transfer. Everything seems to be set properly. ProRes is selected as the target format. However the transferred files are loading into FCP as XDCam. Is there some other setting I'm missing?
One note, I'm not seeing Sony in the target selection list, just Mpeg format or P2 format. Thinking Mpeg format should be correct. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Log and Transfer
on Oct 30, 2014 at 1:38:07 pm

I might be wrong, but don't you need to run the SxS stuff thru an external Sony-supplied translator application first before ingesting into FCP7?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:41:53 pm

You can't convert XDCAM to ProRes in Log and Trasnfer...it only comes in as XDCAM. If you want the files to be ProRes, after you bring them in, or use the Sony XDCAM Browser to wrap them into QT, you then need to use Compressor to convert to ProRes. Two step process.

Same with DVCPRO HD P2...it only comes in as DVCPRO HD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Vagn Steen
on Oct 30, 2014 at 4:03:27 pm

That is the path I followed last week. Was hoping to save a few steps. Thanks folks. And... do I even need to convert to ProRes? Perhaps edit in XDCAM then convert the final sequence?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:07:22 pm

FCP edits XDCAM just fine. Drop a clip into a new sequence, click YES when FCP asks if you want the sequence and clip settings to match. It's a real time FCP codec.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Vagn Steen
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:36:52 am

Thank you. Good to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]