FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereo Sound Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan weibush
Stereo Sound Issue
on Oct 29, 2014 at 7:28:13 pm

I made the mistake of recording two microphones into a single (left) channel of an HD-P2. When I import it into a FCP sequence, I get the normal dual channel, but only one (the left), has sound. I can hear the separate mics if I pan the single channel to Left or Right. All the way right is one mic, and all the way left is the other. Is there any way to split this?

Or, is there any way to reverse the pan direction of an audio channel.

Any info will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Stereo Sound Issue
on Oct 29, 2014 at 8:29:23 pm

Both mics are recorded on one channel. ONE channel. That channel can't be stereo...it can't be TWO channels. The audio is mixed.

So you are telling me that if you pan it all the way to the left, you hear person 1 clear, but not person 2 all that clear, and if you pan it to the right you hear person 2 clear, but person 1 is quieter? Or do you just hear it coming out of one speaker or the other when you pan...which is normal?

FCP audio tracks are mono...one track is one channel. There are no stereo tracks...not like Avid or Premiere Pro.

Wait...are we talking about FCX or FCP 7?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

ryan weibush
Re: Stereo Sound Issue
on Oct 30, 2014 at 4:37:11 am

It's FCP 7.
I also use premiere pro cc.

I think the only way to handle may be split the channel with sound and export it - then re import it and double it up?

The problem is that I don't want to end up with two left panned channels that will only come out of a left speaker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]