FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6.06 my last project crashes at 20% reading, after one month working!!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alicia pakareu
FCP 6.06 my last project crashes at 20% reading, after one month working!!!!
on Oct 28, 2014 at 3:37:58 pm

FCP 6.06
I MAC MACOS X LEOPARD 10.5.8
Proc. 2.8 GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO 4GB 800M DDR 2 SDRAM
hi there,

I'm in a serious odd trouble, hope you can give me a clue with this.

the thing is that FCP has left me down just the day before of finalizing the one month edition. catastrophic!

I don't know what happened:

at night I exported a test in non self contained QT files and suddenly in the morning I cannot open those files neither the project.

older projects open, but not the one I'm working on, nor from earlier versions from Time Machine, nor from autosave vault.

the proj starts opening but when arrives at 19% crashes. "FCP application has unexpectedly quit" Error-128

it's asking for a render file (I've tried to create one with that name but doesn't work) That's why I think that Qmaster and compressor could be involved.

I did the compressor repair.
I repaired the external disk with disk utility and it's all right.

it's there a way to recover it? what would be the solution?

Would be super great if you could give me some light, in this moment I'm a little or a lot desperate.

I wanna send details attached, but cannot see how...

Alicia

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 6.06 my last project crashes at 20% reading, after one month working!!!!
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:25:05 pm

Trash your preferences. PREFERENCE MANAGER from digitalrebellion.com does that with one click. DO that, then relaunch FCP 6.

Using non-self contained QTs in projects is dangerous...well...risky at least. Because FCP constantly trashes render files that are no longer being referenced. So if you change the cut at all, then a render will get tossed as it's no longer being used...and then the QT reference file can't reference it...and you get stuck in an error loop. Ref files are great for quickly going to Compressor. But really should not be used if you are going to import and use them in edits.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

alicia pakareu
Re: FCP 6.06 my last project crashes at 20% reading, after one month working!!!!
on Oct 29, 2014 at 3:35:08 pm

Thanks Shane, I learned that now. I just wanted the reference file to have a look at the work progress. I used the preference manager to trash the preferences but didn'work either.

Is there any other option? I can't believe I lost my editing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 29, 2014 at 4:21:51 pm

Try to open an autosaved version...one before you brought the reference files in

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

alicia pakareu
on Oct 30, 2014 at 9:22:25 am

It's solved now! yes!!!

This time I switched off both hard disks with the related footage and incredibly worked!! I reconnected that media without erasing any file and everything is fine. Hope doesn't crash again!!!
Thanks a lot for your support!!!

Alicia

Return to posts index

alicia pakareu
on Oct 30, 2014 at 9:24:30 am

Also I had copied those reference files to the second hard disk, so it may had interfiered?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]