FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 6:20:09 pm
Last Edited By Noam Osband on Oct 26, 2014 at 10:02:02 pm

I am working in a timeline that's 1920x1080. I'm working with some photos that aren't as large as that, and there is black space on the screen when I use them. I want to be able to zoom on them but I don't want the total area of the photo to get larger i.e. I want the amount of black space to be the same.

To get a bit of movement on the photo, I increase the scale. However, that means the photo expands a bit over the screen. Again, I don't want the total area of the photo on screen to increase.

One way to prevent this is to put down slugs on top of the photo that cover all 4 sides. Is there another, slightly easier way, of doing this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I have a 17" MBP with power issues. How can I sell it?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:40:39 pm

You can add a matte shape, and put a composite mode on it.

Gotta say, your subject line doesn't match your question.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: I have a photo I want to zoom in on. How can I do that without the picture expanding?
on Oct 27, 2014 at 2:13:31 pm

You can apply the crop tool around the edges of the image, and keyframe it as you move the image... Or, you can make a separate frame in photoshop made of black,but with an alpha channel to allow the hole in the center to show thru, and put that frame on a layer above the image you're performing the zooms on. You only have to make that frame once and then re-use it for all the photos that need it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]