COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberley Duband
Digitizing SP Mini DV footage into FCP
on Oct 23, 2014 at 6:55:02 am

Hi,
I have 5 tapes from 2006.
I am using a Canon XHA1 and Firewire to digitize the footage into FCP 7.0.3

When I try to import it as DV PAL 48 khz settings, it breaks every 3 seconds reporting a timecode break (when there is no timecode break)
When I try to import it as DV PAL 48 khz Anamorphic, it sporadically imports on some tapes, and not on others, again, breaking every 3 seconds reporting a timecode break when there isn't one. Also, on the one tape where it did work, the result is unwatchable. Slow, clunky footage, and sound is inconsistent, tinny, pixelated and like it's coming down a tunnel.

I'd love some help to troubleshoot this, but let me give you a few other pieces of information.

1. I am in PAL
2. I am using Sony MiniDV tapes.
3 On the camera when I put a tape in it says SP down the bottom right hand corner of the screen
4. The CH 1/2 on the top left of the screen flickers as it's playing back or digitizing and although in the log and capture window in FCP it shows sound coming in, and I can hear what sounds like a tunnel pixelated sound in the digitized clip, the screen on the camera doesn't register that there is any sound on the tape.
5. The original footage is shot in real time, but the digitized footage is in slow-motion and the sound is as described above
6. I've also tried importing with NTSC selected and the same problems occur.

I have no idea what to do

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
Re: Digitizing SP Mini DV footage into FCP
on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:12:35 pm

Try capturing in iMovie then import into FCP7.

Web - http://www.foxvideo.co.uk
Blog - http://foxvidpro.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]