FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg to apple pro rez into fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robyn symon
mpeg to apple pro rez into fcp
on Oct 17, 2014 at 11:30:03 pm

Hi, I've converted some mpeg files into apple pro rez 422 files but when I import into FCP its unrendered. My user setting is apple pro rez. It doesn't allow me to bring the files in using log and transfer. thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: mpeg to apple pro rez into fcp
on Oct 18, 2014 at 1:44:10 am

Log and Transfer is for tapeless camera masters, so that won't work at all here.

Now, FCP works with ProRes only of specific frame size and rate. They need to be 720x486...or "ProRes NTSC"...that's for SD. For HD, they need to be 1280x720, or 1920x1080. And either 23.98 or 29.97fps. Anything else and FCP will go "NOPE! Need to render."

ALSO...to not get the NEED TO RENDER...your sequence settings need to match the clip settings. So when you make a new sequence, and add the first clip, when FCP asks "Do you want the sequence settings to match the clip settings?" Click YES.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

robyn symon
on Oct 18, 2014 at 2:04:37 am

Thanks Shane. It looks like the clips are 1440x810. When I put the clip on the timeline, it didn't ask if I wanted to match the frame rate (which I've seen previously). On the presets, I see 1440 but I don't see 810.
Any recommendations to make them match so I don't have to render each time I make an edit?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 18, 2014 at 5:25:26 am

Sorry...that's too odd of a frame size for FCP to deal with without rendering. It's not designed to work with non-broadcast TV formats. Adobe Premiere Pro, however, is. It'll edit the MPG just fine, no conversion or rendering needed.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]