FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross Dissolve glitching??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Harrison
Cross Dissolve glitching??
on Oct 16, 2014 at 8:58:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'll do my best to try and explain this one. I've tried a number of work arounds and the problem still persists.

When I add a cross dissolve, either on two clips together or on a clip above in the timeline it glitches to a previous frame either right when the dissolve starts or right when it ends. It gives the impression of a jump cut or like the clip underneath is changing during the dissolve, but that's not the case.

Here is a clip to demonstrate the issue.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cross Dissolve glitching??
on Oct 16, 2014 at 9:03:49 pm

What codec is your footage? Not H.264, perchance? And why is it letterboxed? What are your sequence settings?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 16, 2014 at 11:37:45 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 17, 2014 at 12:11:28 am

It almost looks like the dissolve is in the middle of a cut. Is the footage taken from a longer edit, and the handles aren't long enough to do the dissolve smoothly?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
on Oct 17, 2014 at 12:24:35 pm
Last Edited By Jon Harrison on Oct 17, 2014 at 12:36:20 pm

@ Shane - My sequence setting is 1920x1080, 29.97fps, Apple ProRes 422 - All the clips of the speaker are Apple ProRes 422 but there are some B-roll clips that are H.264 but that's are not the clips I'm having issues with, they transition just fine. Actually - It was H.264 but I converted it to Apple ProRes - do you think that might be the issues? It shouldn't be letter boxed - I exported for YouTube at the 1280x720 HD. for some reason the preview in this post is not 16x9 but if you view it on YouTube you'll see it's not letter boxed.

@ Dave - this is what I originally thought but it was one long shot and it didn't matter where I put the dissolve, I would still get the same issue.

Thanks for your responses!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Harrison
on Oct 17, 2014 at 6:45:08 pm

Ok - so I think I fixed the issue - The issues started when FCP 7 didn't recognize the file and file structure of the AVCHD from the other camera so I had a buddy of mine export them for me to Apple ProRes 422, he was using Abobe Premier. This is where I think all the issues started. This morning I remembered that I had a program for converting that could actually ready AVCHD file and export them specifically for FCP 7 or FCPX (it's called Wondershare in case you're wondering) I opened it up and cave it a shot at transcoding the AVCHD files and it worked. I then just knocked the media offline and reconnected to the new footage and the issue was resolved.

Still have no idea why it happened in the first place and why it was so inconsistent - not every clip had the glitch issue. Perhaps it was a Premier / FCP thing or a MAC / Windows issue?

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]