FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to make a still frame for use in FCP7. After making a jpg, any suggestions for improving it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I want to make a still frame for use in FCP7. After making a jpg, any suggestions for improving it?
on Oct 16, 2014 at 5:14:26 pm

I know I can make a jpg still shot with FCP7. But can I then improve the quality? Does exporting as a TIF with higher pixel count in Preview improve it somehow? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance smarter folks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I want to make a still frame for use in FCP7. After making a jpg, any suggestions for improving it?
on Oct 16, 2014 at 5:18:11 pm

The stills exported are 72dpi...and are the dimensions of your video...be it 720x480, 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Making the dimensions bigger won't improve the image quality. There are plugins for Photoshop that help upscaling and smoothing of the image...but some say not to rely on those, as Photoshop itself can do it...

And google landed me here:

http://petapixel.com/2014/05/03/quick-tip-great-way-resize-low-res-images-p...

and here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270852?start=0&tstart=0

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: I want to make a still frame for use in FCP7. After making a jpg, any suggestions for improving it?
on Oct 19, 2014 at 3:44:20 am

Is there any type of photo - tiff, png, or jpg - that is better than another to use in FCP7?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Oct 19, 2014 at 5:27:53 am

IMO tiff and png work best. If I have one jpg I usually just put it in the timeline and render it but if I have a lot it's better to convert them to png or tiff because FCP can get a bit glitchy and slow with lots of jpgs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]