FORUMS: list search recent posts

Well, I just feel stupid

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Craig
Well, I just feel stupid
on Oct 11, 2014 at 9:29:38 pm

Longtime user of Final Cut Pro but I've been away from it for many months, doing other things. Now I need to do something with FCP that I've done a million times and I can't remember how to do it.

I do, of course, know how to export a video through QuickTime Conversion and choose all the settings. But I recall being able to create templates with the precise settings in I wanted when doing these exports. I made some and named them. Now I can't even remember how I did that! Or where those templates are. (I feel like an old man, walking into a room and wondering why he went there...) I don't see an option in "Export to QuickTime Conversion" to create any templates so I assume I must have done it another way. (It was not Compressor; I did it in FCP.) What am I forgetting? Sheesh...

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Well, I just feel stupid
on Oct 11, 2014 at 11:36:43 pm

probably the Share function.
hooks into Compressor, and gives you the ability to use any saved compressor pre-sets.

nick

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Oct 12, 2014 at 12:31:23 am

"Send to"....?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 13, 2014 at 4:55:51 pm

Sounds like you were using Compressor to make the files.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
on Oct 13, 2014 at 5:06:33 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Alas, none hit the mark, but all are appreciated.

I even have a picture in my head of the window where I selected the pre-set that I had made. I think I have now entered a parallel universe.

Oh, well...

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:29:14 pm

If using Compressor, you can create Droplets from any of the compression settings in the main program. All you need after that is to just drop the file you want to compress onto the Droplet.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]