FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 and Compressor output errors - DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Miller
FCP7 and Compressor output errors - DVD
on Oct 7, 2014 at 4:23:38 pm

Hey there, first time posting but I've been lurking for a while now. Great community.

I'm not super technically savvy but I'll try my best to get across my issue -

I'm trying to turn footage shot at 1080p, 24fps into a finished video file that is compatible with the bitrates and size supported by a single layer DVD.

I've gone through too many settings now, but the only one that came out with a good picture and sound is the YouTube sharing preset, which has an 8mbps bitrate, at 720p. This video however has heavy artifacting and pixelation at some of the transition points, and toward the end of the 31 minute video, some of the clips seem to be set on a one second repeat or something. It moves on, but not after a good 5-10 seconds of this error.

The other presets I've used are DVD-Best 90 minutes, uncompressed h.264, tried the HD-DVD setting for a second when I had no idea what I was doing, and nothing comes out looking alright or without errors.

I've enabled quick clustering, and have been using this with an exported QuickTime movie in compressor.

I'm sorry if I'm not doing a good job explaining, but to recap: when I output my files, they are either cut off in length, have no audio, look very bad, or some of the transitions are super jolty and pixelated... Along with that weird clip repeat thing...

Please let me know if there's anything any of you can think of, I'll post any settings I need to. This video has a deadline of around Friday, so I need to figure out the problems really soon.

Thanks everyone!!' I hope I made some sort of sense...

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP7 and Compressor output errors - DVD
on Oct 16, 2014 at 9:53:19 pm

Use Compressor and the 90 Minute Best Quality setting. Turn on Frame Controls in the Inspector and choose BEST for re-sizing. That will encode an mv2 file (just the video). Then using the same source file make an ac3 audio file using the ac3 preset in the same folder as the 90 minute preset. In the Inspector you have to change some settings. Target System s/b DVD, Audio Coding s/b 2/0 (L R), Data Rate s/b 192kbps, Dialog Norm s/b -31 and Compression s/b None. Then encode. To make your DVD you use the 2 files mv2 & ac3 in DVD Studio Pro. DVDSP will marry them together to make the DVD. Checkout the DVDSP Forum here on the COW for more info. There are a bunch of COW Tutorials on how to do all this or Google DVDSP Tutorial..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]