FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 Exporting Super Slow, Computer Problem?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Geraghty
Final Cut Pro 7 Exporting Super Slow, Computer Problem?
on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:31:00 pm

I'm working off a brand new computer on Final Cut 7. I'm editing ProRes footage and the sequence settings are all correct. Everything was fine until this morning, when suddenly everything started exporting super slow. A 4 minute 30 second video that used to take about a minute to export is now taking about 30 minutes.

When I export at current settings, the progress bar starts off at 7% and says it will take about a minute to export. No progress is made, and the estimated time starts jumping up. Progress is being made, just very slowly. So it's exporting... just at insanely slow speeds.

I moved the drives to a different computer and tried exporting there, and it worked just fine. So I think it's a problem with the computer. However that's my co-workers computer and he needs it for work so... switching computers would just be a temporary fix. Has anyone ever had this problem? Help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 Exporting Super Slow, Computer Problem?
on Oct 2, 2014 at 4:20:33 pm

Trash the FCP prefs. There's a tool that finds and trashes all three with one click, so you don't have to go digging. Preference Manager from digitalrebellion.com. So trusted Apple uses it. A tool all editors should have.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]