FCP 7 timeline bug

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofia Marmorstein
FCP 7 timeline bug
on Sep 28, 2014 at 10:15:51 pm

Hello all,
Hoping someone can help me out here.
I work in a production company and we are nearing a very important deadline. We have had every imaginable technical problem occur over the past months and have dealt with all of them somehow or another but now we have another issue coming up and need some expert help.

On one computer we are working on a 1920x1080 Apple Prores 422 HQ timeline. We are editing mostly still images and some video. We have a matte that we have created in photoshop and extend over the entire timeline making it a 1920x804 canvas but with the option to pop off the matte and have a 1920x1080 ready film if needed for broadcasting purposes down the line.
In any case we have been working with the matte for over a year with no problems (except rendering time which is always painful). Now on one computer there is some sort of bug:

If a picture is moved or edited and then we render it the playhead either will not show the image in the new spot or if dragged along the timeline to where the image used to be (now empty) it will show the image. So basically we re seeing images when the timeline is empty and when it's on pictures it either does not show it or shows a different one.

The only time I've seen something like this happen is when the render mode is set to unlimited and everything gets a bit buggy, but I don't know where to start with this bug.

We've trashed preferences, deleted all render files, replaced the matte file with a new one and it still happens. We are about to reinstall FCP but I wanted to see if there are any other tips and tricks I could try first or after in case it doesn't work.

Thank you all so much, you have helped me so many times before!

All comments or ideas are welcome!

Sofia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]