FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXPORTING LARGE FILE(S) - I filmed a 13 hour training session....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Salgat
EXPORTING LARGE FILE(S) - I filmed a 13 hour training session....
on Sep 27, 2014 at 2:15:28 pm
Last Edited By Adam Salgat on Sep 27, 2014 at 2:21:13 pm

I filmed a 13 hour training session this week. Here is my current plan of attack and questions:

1. Sync separately recorded audio to the single speaker.
2. Watch the presentation and lay over the slides (.jpegs) in appropriate spots.
3. Export in sections to give to the client.

Sounds simple right? Well, I am extremely worried about the size of the files once exported and how long the exports are going to take. I don't have a lot of time to spend 4 hours waiting for export of a 2 hour clip and it come out HUGE or out of sync or something else completely weird.

The end user will be using a PC. I don't need to have it exported in 1080HD but I do want it to look high quality.

What kind of file and setting should I use to accomplish this?

The original video was shot with a Canon t4i. Here is some information about the clips-
Dimensions: 1920x1080
Codecs:H.264, Linear PCM
Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)

I'm planning to use Final Cut Pro 6.0.6

I do have access to Adobe Premiere Pro 6. I've never used it before. If for some reason I'd be better off crashing my through that program in order to get this done, let me know.

Thanks,
Adam J.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: EXPORTING LARGE FILE(S) - I filmed a 13 hour training session....
on Oct 3, 2014 at 5:38:26 pm

Ask the client the how(s)he wants the sections split up before you begin.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT use H.264 files in FCP. You will have nothing but problems. Transcode the footage to Prores 422 or Prores LT before you edit. Learn how to do a log & transfer for your particular camera. You'll need software from the camera maker to do it.

And then ask the client how your delivered work will be used: on Blu-Ray? DVD? On a web site? On YouTube or Vimeo? It will determine how you proceed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]