FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveform FCP losing asking to re-render, even footage that has no effect (!)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Waveform FCP losing asking to re-render, even footage that has no effect (!)
on Sep 22, 2014 at 7:31:16 pm

MacBookPro 2.0Ghz i7 8Gb RAM intel Iris Pro (retina) - external Lacie Thunderbolt drive - OS 10.9.5

So I have a ProRes HQ 1080p sequence, with 95% ProRes HQ footage in it. The project is about 67 min long. I render the whole timeline, export, all is fine. Then when I reopen the project hours later on the same setup, I decide to change color correction on one clip in the sequence. I use the built-in waveform monitor. With this, about 30 % of my sequence goes "un-rendered", even clips that are ProRes HQ (the same as the sequence settings) and that have NO effects or motion changes...! To be specific, they have orange bars, since I set the sequence to real-time effect playback). When I turn off Waveform, the sequence goes back to being "rendered".
So what is the waveform doing that it temporarily makes several clips " unrendered"?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Waveform FCP losing asking to re-render, even footage that has no effect (!)
on Sep 22, 2014 at 11:58:28 pm

it is "rendering" what you see in the waveform.
there's a setting somewhere that will turn that off, but the waveform wont "play" along with the sequence.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]