FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reimport files final cut 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofir Abitbol
Reimport files final cut 7
on Sep 16, 2014 at 9:35:51 am

hello everyone. i really need help since i couldn't find a solution over the net.
i used the log and transfer tool with final cut pro 7, and imported files as pro res proxy.
now i'm done editing, and i want to reimport the files as pro res HQ. through the media manager
i suceeded to make a new project containing only the sequence that i want to export.
i also managed to find my way to the Log and Transfer tool again, and Final Cut found all of the media in it's origin file structure that i keep on an external hard drive. and here is the problem:
Final Cut reimporting all the media and not just what i need for the sequence, and that is a lot of media.
anyone can help with that?

p.s
i have many folders structure that are the same, and all of their names are "PRIVATE" as it comes
like this from the camera i use. is this might be a problem for Final Cut to know the differences?

thanks a lot and good day

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reimport files final cut 7
on Sep 16, 2014 at 12:57:55 pm

Did you make sure to check the options to only capture the media used in the sequence, with handles?

Here's the workflow for offline/online:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless_online/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ofir Abitbol
on Sep 16, 2014 at 1:31:46 pm

Shane, Final Cut didn't give this option. it just opened the Log and Transfer window after it found the original media on the external hard drive.

thx for replying

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 16, 2014 at 6:02:54 pm

Did you follow the steps I laid out in that tutorial I linked to? In the Media Manager, you use the CREATE OFFLINE option to determine what codec the footage will be recaptured as, and the handle length. If you just reimport the cut, FCP will reimport the full clips of all the footage used in the cut.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ofir Abitbol
on Sep 18, 2014 at 10:13:29 am

ok, i am checking it right now

Return to posts index

Ofir Abitbol
on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:49:19 pm

Shane, I followed your tutorial, and it worked just fine! thx alot.
I don't edit anymore on Final 7 , already moved to Final Pro X, this is the last projest, and it is finished now.
I love Pro X!

thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]