FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting unrendered footage from fcp/distressing footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Smith
exporting unrendered footage from fcp/distressing footage
on Sep 15, 2014 at 9:29:32 pm

Hi,

Finishing a project in FCP and I want the image to appear distressed/degraded. When I was viewing during playback, i noticed that leaving my timeline un-rendered created a look i was somewhat happy with. Is there a way to export a timeline AS IS, not rendering it out? One option i thought of was to screen cap as it played, but i wasn't able to screen cap at my full frame size. I am looking for a way to export directly from fcp.

One affect the unrendered footage has is that it was playing less than the normal frames per second (i.e., if 1 second was 30 fps, fcp would playback, say, 15). Is there an effect I can use to do this? Not slow the footage down, but time map it so that 1 second of footage still occupies 1 second of space on the timeline but plays back at half speed?

Lastly, can anyone recommend any good filters which emulate video distress or damage?

2010 macbook pro/fcp 6/8 gig ram/10.6.8

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: exporting unrendered footage from fcp/distressing footage
on Sep 15, 2014 at 11:24:28 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:02:26 pm

I'd google the term, "bad video". You should find something for FCP. When done, you can export the timeline using QT conversion, and pick a frame rate of 15 fps if you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: exporting unrendered footage from fcp/distressing footage
on Sep 16, 2014 at 5:10:53 pm

FCP also has a built in filter called Strobe that will enable you to reduce the frame rate without affecting the time. Just set it to whatever frame rate looks good to you.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]