FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio is present during capture, but not afterward on the final file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dedrick Sarzaba
Audio is present during capture, but not afterward on the final file
on Sep 12, 2014 at 2:07:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Really stuck in a rut here. I have an ADVC-100 that I want to use to digitize my hi8 tapes. When using the FCP7 capture preset as, "DV NTSC 48kHz", everything looks and sounds great when I initialize Log and Capture. I even hit the "preview" checkbox and see on the meters that there is audio present on the tape, and it is playing out through my mac speakers. Thought everything was great until I started the capture, and when it was completed I come back to the file as having no audio on the file (QT inspector shows that no audio is present on the file, only video). What gives?

I'm using FCP 7.0.3, running on OSX 10.8.5.

Other than the built in FCP "DV NTSC 48kHz" settings, I've also tried my own modified preset settings:

Frame Size 720x480 NTSC DV (3:2)
QT Video Settings: Digitizer: DV Video, Input: ADVC-100, Compressor: h.264, Quality: 100%, FPS: 29.97, Limit Data Rate: unchecked
QT Audio Settings: Device: DV Audio, Input: First 2 channels, Format: 48 kHz, 16-bit 2-chan

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio is present during capture, but not afterward on the final file
on Sep 12, 2014 at 3:47:48 pm

Do you have audio checked in the CLIP SETTINGS part of the Log and Capture window? Did you see the meters moving in there?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]