FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem reconnecting P2 media clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Problem reconnecting P2 media clips
on Sep 10, 2014 at 2:15:01 pm

Hi,
I recently got a new external hard-drive, and have been alternating between the new and an old external hard-drive as my scratch disk for different projects. As a consequence I think, a lot of my projects now have broken links, and I'm not able to reconnect the media. Most of these projects were shot with a Panasonic P2 camcorder, and I think the scattered nature of the P2 file structure is part of the challenge (with non-P2 media it seemed a lot easier to choose "reconnect media" and search for or locate an individual video file, which seems impossible here). Anyway, any tips on how to reconnect this p2 media would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Neil

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problem reconnecting P2 media clips
on Sep 10, 2014 at 3:42:26 pm

How did you ingest this P2 media? The normal "Log and Transfer" way....creating new media...QT files that shouldn't be scattered, but inside the CAPTURE SCRATCH folder, and project folder? Or did you use a third party MXF reader, like Raylight, Calibrated or MXF4Mac?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Sep 10, 2014 at 3:50:12 pm

Thanks Shane, I used the first method, the Log and Transfer one, and made sure to import everything and I never changed the names of the folders or anything. Initially all the links worked, but I started having projects with a lot of broken links recently, I think because of me alternating between the two hard-drives for different projects but I'm not sure. So I'm trying to find out the best way to reconnect all this media.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 10, 2014 at 3:53:32 pm

Do you have footage spread across both those drives? For the same project? Or is it just drive switching, because that alone shouldn't cause this. I switch drives all the time.

FILE>RECONNECT MEDIA...and SEARCH doesn't work?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Sep 10, 2014 at 3:57:01 pm

No it's just drive switching, all the files for each project are only in one hard-drive

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:03:27 pm

Reconnecting isn't working? What happens?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:19:09 pm

I think I figured out why this problem happened. I deleted a folder that apparently was being used as the capture scratch folder for quite a few projects. I didn't realize that was the case. Fortunately, I think anyway (as this is just a theory now), I have a copy of this capture scratch folder that am in the process of transferring to the drive from which I deleted it, which I hope solves this issue. Anyway, silly mistake on my part, which I hope I never repeat. I'll let you and everyone know if this works, and you were absolutely right it wasn't the drive-switching that was the problem. Thanks Shane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]