FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add/Remove audio to QT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Hill
Add/Remove audio to QT
on Sep 5, 2014 at 3:52:00 pm

Hi,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. I'm not a video editor and what I've learnt has come from self teaching via youtube videos and forum posts and I've got a bit stumped.

I've working on a microbudget film and we were sent (by a reputable firm) the finished footage as a QT with 1 audio sound track and 8 channels - ch1-6 are 5.1, ch7-8 are stereo. (annoyingly unlabelled inside the QT)

We need to send it to someone new but with only the stereo and a newly created M&E (no dialogue) audio. I have the audio files but I'm struggling with this process.

I know in QT7pro you can delete and add audio files, but these create new audio soundtracks - so in this case it would be soundtrack 1:stereo and sountrack 2:M&E. As we weren't sent it like this in the first place I'm hesitant that that is the right answer...

Using FCP7 for exporting multiple channels of audio, I also end up with multiple soundtracks as above. If this is the way it should be, I'm wondering why a reputable company sent us the film with the audio split over 8 channels?

Does anyone have any clue as to what the correct way I should be creating this is? I really appreciate any help you might have!

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Add/Remove audio to QT
on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15:22 pm

That's what I'd do. Bring the QT file into FCP...drop it into a sequence...have FCP make the sequence match the clip settings. Add the new audio, do this trick to export Qt with multiple channels of audio:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/multi-audio/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Hill
Re: Add/Remove audio to QT
on Sep 8, 2014 at 5:59:32 pm

That's good to know. Thanks for the response!

So would having 2 different soundtracks on a QT be problematic for any reason? Say if we were to send it to get the QT transferred to HDCam for example?

Thanks again,

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]