FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can i recover a reused CF card?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spidermi Halo
Can i recover a reused CF card?
on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:02:45 pm

I forget to back up the files from my CF card and reused it. can i possibly recovery that?? thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can i recover a reused CF card?
on Sep 4, 2014 at 3:16:37 pm

It's highly unlikely. Possible to get some of the footage, if you didn't fill up the card again. When you "format" a card, you basically set flags to say "this room is available." If you don't record anything, then the footage could be easily recoverable. BUT, if you record new stuff onto that card, that new stuff will overwrite the previous footage.

You might need to send it to an expensive data recovery center in order to get it extracted properly. But even then, it's not 100% that they can recover it properly.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 4, 2014 at 4:51:42 pm

Like he says, if you didn't already re-record over the card, you might be able to get the stuff back. There are numerous apps out there for this, costing varying amounts. I tried one once called Stellar something-or-other, I think it got back 9- percent of what had been on the card Others might recommend a better app.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Sep 10, 2014 at 10:26:49 am

Image rescue by Lexar is worth a try, works surprisingly well - and it's free here.

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-image-rescue-4-software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]