Please? - FCP 7 General Error after Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Gutermuth
Please? - FCP 7 General Error after Export
on Aug 30, 2014 at 12:58:34 am

Hi All,

Snow Leopard is the OS...

FCP7 - When I export the timeline, it goes all the way to the end, and then gives me a "general error" and I do not get the chapter markers in the qt file like I usually do.

I choose DVD SP Markers before I export...

I also am getting a glitch in the playback of this QT file.

I've tried repair partitions, trashing the 4 preference files, and deleting the render files (only 4) - still happens!!

The glitch happens near or right before/after a dissolve... I have 2 files that this does this with... I am using 40 markers though for each file (is that too many?)

Im really getting frustrated here with this - I need help - Anyone?

Thanks so much
Rob

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

Rob Gutermuth
Re: Please? - FCP 7 General Error after Export
on Aug 30, 2014 at 1:26:26 am

Sorry, I meant "repairing permissions on the boot drive"

New info:

just created a new seq, copy and pasted the first 10 mins with 5 or so markers, and no error - I have to check to see if that glitch is gone though....

grrrr

Still wouldn't mind some insight - I will see if 40 markers are too many in a sequence, and report back

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:24:10 pm

I run into this a handful of times a year. The only way around it that I've found is what you've done. Copy and paste your entire timeline into a new project and sequence and export from there.

Return to posts index

Rob Gutermuth
on Sep 2, 2014 at 6:07:50 pm

Update...

The problem was actually caused by something that corrupted the transisins - the stock cross dissolve was what I usually use, and most cases, I'd see a glitch right before or right after these...

the work around was to use a trany that needed to be rendered...

Here's the other issue - I noticed that when I double click on the stock transition between two clips, and you see the top clip, and bottom clip with the tranny in between, the bottom clip's little box is white with a black x through it, but the top clip shows up fine...

when I used the newer disolves - and you double click, you see both clips the way they are supposed to be...

This almost seems like a field rendering thing to me, but again, not noticed until it's exported and the new qt movie is viewed...

anyone seen this before?

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]