FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD Not Seen By FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Whatley
AVCHD Not Seen By FCP7
on Aug 28, 2014 at 1:31:43 pm

I've been given footage from a Sony HDR-PJ580V. I copied the entire file structure from the card onto an external drive. When I try Log & Transfer in FCP7 my clips aren't showing up. I tried just opening them from my External drive and an "unknown error -70172" comes up. From the looks of it when you record, it places the footage in an AVCHD container that when you double click it reveals all your footage.

I'm able to see them in iMovie and thought maybe I could convert them to ProRes from there; I didn't see the option to do so.

I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD Not Seen By FCP7
on Aug 28, 2014 at 3:34:49 pm

AVCHD is a strange beast. There are many different versions of it. Every new camera that comes out has a new spin on it. Better compression, different data rates, etc. Because of this, edit software makers need to keep the software updated to interface with the new formats. Well...FCP 7 was not only discontinued over 3 years ago...the last update was nearly FOUR years ago. There is no more support for it...so it won't interface directly with new cameras.

BUT...there is third party software that will. ClipWrap2 is constantly updated, and can be used to convert the footage to ProRes 422...the format FCP works with.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]