FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diagonal Split In FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shitij Kohli
Diagonal Split In FCP 7
on Aug 28, 2014 at 4:41:26 am

Hello,

I wanted diagonal split in FCP7, for that i did a 8 point Garbage Matte & split the two clips diagonally....but my client wants a black line separating the two diagonal clips.

As u might be aware that there would not be a separating line between the two clips in 8 point garbage matte (at most a feather)....so then i did some research & i saw this video:

Final Cut Pro Tutorial #1:Diagonal Split Screen Effect

Basically this is a tutorial about 3 way split & there was a psd file attached to achieve this look...i took the file to photoshop to create my own diagonal split...& here i am struck as my photoshop skills are not that great, i am unable to make two diagonal shape layers (actually i do make, but when i take the psd file to fcp it doesn't open up in layers, as shown in the video).

Could someone kindly help me in making a diagonal split in photoshop & attach the file....would be highly obliged.

I have attached the psd file from the Diagonal Split Screen Effect tutorial from youtube.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Diagonal Split In FCP 7
on Aug 28, 2014 at 6:55:46 pm

Doesn't FCP have a bordered diagonal wipe that you can keyframe... as in, "don't wipe past this point"?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Aug 29, 2014 at 6:38:48 pm

Or copy the garbage mate to the other clip,
Invert it and tweak

Nick

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:09:11 am

Or make each clip its own layer, over a black first layer, and use the mask tool, your black line comes from the offset of each clip relative to the next.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]