FORUMS: list search recent posts

What happens when deleting old rendered fies?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
What happens when deleting old rendered fies?
on Aug 27, 2014 at 7:09:28 pm

I'm on a rush project. Got the message OUT OF MEMORY

While editing an HD project that's 10 minutes long, my render manager came up and said; OUT OF MEMORY - Check in the remove column to delete unwanted rendered files or free up disk space.

What exactly will I lose by deleting my old, but needed project files? Will I still be able to refer to them in the future for my clients? Deleting doesn't do anything to the timeline does it?

Much appreciate any help

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: What happens when deleting old rendered fies?
on Aug 27, 2014 at 7:47:04 pm

I've had that happen when I use pictures that are too large...like over 4000x4000.
If you delete your render files you will have to re-render your time-line again.
Also I've had out of memory when in "sequence settings" "video processing" my setting was at "render in high precision yuv"
I change it to one of the two top settings and I'm good to go.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:29:21 pm

You can delete render files from old projects with no problem besides having to re-render them if you ever open the project again. It won't delete any of your source footage or anything from your timeline.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:11:14 am
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:11:40 am

Don't forget to actually empty the trash when you do this, or you won't see much change.

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Sep 1, 2014 at 1:36:31 am

I agree with all. Pictures are too big or they have an unfavored extension. Delete just the Render files and then re-render what you need.

If that doesnt work... You could try dividing and conquering the seq until you find the trouble area then recut in the pesky clips or audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]