FORUMS: list search recent posts

Horrible text result!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Taylor
Horrible text result!!
on Aug 26, 2014 at 3:14:52 pm

Using FCP 6 with Boris 2.2. The resulting text is HORRIBLE! It looks fine within Boris, but when applied, it appears pixelated and blurry?? The canvas view is set at 100%, and I've tried different fonts.

I then created some plain text within FCP, and it's also somewhat blurry. Is there another step I'm overlooking, or a button to push somewhere, in order to get clear text??

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Horrible text result!!
on Aug 26, 2014 at 3:35:28 pm

What are your sequence settings? DV settings are the worse for text, BTW.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Taylor
on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:00:35 pm

Thanks, Shane, for the quick response. The text is scrolling on top of an 890x602 JPEG...other than one short video (320x240 w/30fps) at the beginning, the entire show is just stills/transitions.

The Sequence output appears to be 720x480, 29.97 fps, DV/DVCPRO - NT. If this needs to be changed, can I do so with a completed project? And, if so, how do I do that?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:25:51 pm

Well, if your footage is DV, then the sequence should be DV. Just know that text at DV quality isn't all that great. You can change the sequence settings to DV50, or ProRes NTSC, and render and see if that helps things. BUT, if you are going back out to DV, don't do this. Because DV needs to be DV if going back out to DV

But SD is soooooo oooooold. Why not move into the world of HD? Before 4K takes over.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Taylor
on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:41:32 pm

Thanks again, Shane. I'll play with some of the other "dv" settings.

I still have FCP 6 because it's more commensurate with my age!!! ;>)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]