FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 recovery trouble

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wils Ip
FCP 7 recovery trouble
on Aug 21, 2014 at 1:06:27 am

Hi Creative Cow,

Please help me CC forum members. I do not know where to turn.

Recently my main drive died on my 1st gen Mac Pro. Took it in for repair. A new drive was installed along with an upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6 OS, and some files recovered, yet some were corrupted. FCP7 was 1 of the corrupted apps.

I reinstalled today, but some stuff seems to be missing from the Effects. For example, I know only of Matte/Color, where I used to have that AND Matte/Color Solid. A lot of filters like Vignette (under Stylize) are gone.

Too Much Too Soon plugins are gone (while the actual plugin files are still in the Final Cut System Support's plugin folder, but launching FCP doesn't seem to load them).

I even used a previous Digital Rebellion tool back up of the FCP profile from before.

Can you point me in the right direction? How do I get my plugins back? Or force them to load somehow?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 recovery trouble
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:14:05 pm

Use FCS REMOVER from Digital Rebellion to completely uninstall FCP. Then reinstall from installer DVDs. This should get you everything that FCP has to offer.

As for Too Much Too Soon...if you don't have the installers backed up somewhere, search the web. If not on the web, see if friends have copies. That was a free set if I recall.

Shane

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Aug 21, 2014 at 5:47:36 pm

Just to clarify, Preference Manager does not backup plugins.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 21, 2014 at 5:49:13 pm

No...only keyboard and layout settings. user settings as to how many audio tracks, autosaves, etc. Plugins need to be backed up manually. I keep all my installers in a safe place.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Wils Ip
on Aug 21, 2014 at 11:52:25 pm

Thank you for your suggestion.

I just did that, reinstalled everything. But same problem remains. I also realize that Compressor can't even be launched. No splash screen, just straight to error.

This is driving me nuts.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks Creative Cow members!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]