FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 adding/removing audio filters on one clip affects adjacent unrelated clip...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
FCP7 adding/removing audio filters on one clip affects adjacent unrelated clip...
on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:39:14 pm

Hi, this is a weird one that i've only recently come across after years of working with FCP, has anyone else experienced this?;

For various reasons i'm having to do final sound mixes within a standard FCP7 so i'm using various audio apple and final cut audio filters to clean up dialog etc. and the problem i'm having is, when adding or removing audio filters on one clip, the same thing is happening to an adjacent audio clip which has no relation (it's not part of the same clip, they're not linked, and they're definitely not both selected simultaneously). This happens no matter how i apply the filters, either by copy-pasting attributes, selecting from the menus, dragging from the effects browser.. i've tried everything

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone else re-create this problem and maybe help figure out what is happening? It's driving me nuts.

many thanks
joe

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: FCP7 adding/removing audio filters on one clip affects adjacent unrelated clip...
on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:49:07 pm

I may have made a little headway on this - Where i'm currently working it seems ingest are assigning reel numbers by project, not by card. I think this could be the link that's causing FCP to assume the clip is related. Having said this, adding and selecting aux reel numbers is not solving the problem for me...

I have also tried making all my clips independent and locking audio tracks (filters are still somehow automatically added and removed)

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: FCP7 adding/removing audio filters on one clip affects adjacent unrelated clip...
on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:29:23 pm

Me again. Although I'd still love to know why this is happening, here's my workaround for anyone interested.

So i'll copy the clips i want to filter into a separate blank timeline, apply filters there and tweak them till i'm happy, then copy them back into the main timeline and tweak some more against the full mix. Not massively different to how i'd usually work (solo and tweak, then unsolo and tweak), but an awkward work-flow to have to remember (and a proper mess down the line if I forget to take these steps).

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:20:04 pm

Have you tried trashing your prefs?

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]