FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC crash on export (Divx Decoder plugin problem)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isis Savoy
FC crash on export (Divx Decoder plugin problem)
on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:11:00 am

Hello

I'm having a problem while exporting a 1h 15m timeline in Final Cut 7. I was exporting a mp4 file and after some hours it crashes and it says something like "final cut closed unexpectedly when using the Divx Decoder plugin"

Is there anyway I can fix that? Why he is trying to reach this divx decoder?

My timeline indeed have some different codecs in it. I try to export the timeline into different parts to see if there's any corrupted file and all the parts was ok, but I need the whole timeline in one file, every time I try to do that I get that divx decoder problem.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: FC crash on export (Divx Decoder plugin problem)
on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:42:44 pm

The problem stems from the different codecs in your timeline, I'm guessing there are probably some h.264s and possibly some divx files in there.

What are your sequence settings? How are you exporting?

If you can export your timeline in chunks, you can rebuild it in another sequence using those new chunks to create one larger quicktime.

Return to posts index

Isis Savoy
Re: FC crash on export (Divx Decoder plugin problem)
on Aug 22, 2014 at 5:37:31 pm

Yes, that's was the problem! There were two divx files, I removed them from the timeline and it works.

I'm actually editing in h264 with in a DV sequence setting, I know this is not recommended but it's kind of working so far. Did not know I had to convert all to prores so that's why it's all in h264.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]