FORUMS: list search recent posts

My timeline needs to be rendered all of a sudden, what did I do?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Smith
My timeline needs to be rendered all of a sudden, what did I do?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:07:56 pm

I'm working in FCP 7.0.3, I am editing a multi camera music video for a friend, I rarely work in Video any more, mostly audio now, I have 4 music videos with 7 angles each, I did the first two without having to render anything, I pulled each video track onto the timeline and then sync'd the audio to my reference track then got rid of the audio from the camera take, this was working just fine until I got to the third song and after only three tracks of video it is red and needs to be rendered, could I have accidentally changed a setting?, Any advice on what my settings should be would be awesome, I am on a MBP i7 quad 2.0 with 16 gigs of ram and a ssd, should have enough HP, am editing footage shot on a HVX 200, any help would be great, hoping to not have to render all the time especially if I am sliding the track around to sync up, HELP

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: My timeline needs to be rendered all of a sudden, what did I do?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:31:46 pm

What are the sequence settings? Where is this footage stored...what sort of hard drive...connected how? Multiple cameras means multiple streams of video, so the drives enough need to be fast to handle them. Are you putting them all in a single sequence?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Zach Smith
Re: My timeline needs to be rendered all of a sudden, what did I do?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:34:55 pm

Thanks for responding Shane, I figured it out, when starting a new project I put my master audio reference track on first instead of dropping my footage first which set the project to the correct setting, now that the project is set I have happy grey lines, thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]