FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP under latest OSX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
FCP under latest OSX?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:51:30 pm

I'm still using 10.6.8, because I once was told that 10.6.8 is the final version that has full support for FCP 7.

In my editing suite I have the following:

FCP 7.0.3
DVDSP 4.2.2
Compressor 3.5.3
Motion 4.0.3

I'm thinking that perhaps I should upgrade to a later version of OSX.

Or maybe not?

The reason for asking is that I have other apps (Episode, etc) that requires newer version of OSX in their upgrades.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCP under latest OSX?
on Aug 18, 2014 at 2:00:25 pm

I advise against it. What I suggest is, you partition your boot drive into one partition, containing FCP7/ FCS3 apps and the OS you're on NOW... and make a second partition on the boot drive, the home for for Mavericks OS and any modern apps that need it. Heck, put FCPX and Compressor and Motion on there, and start learning them.

Some daredevils have run FCP7 in the Apple MavericksOS and even in the beta version of the upcoming Yosemite OS, and reported it still works, but the other scuttlebutt I read is that little things around the edges of FCP7 have issues or failures in those environments, for which it was never designed. but if you want 7 to work fully as it was intended, I believe you need to box it up in it's own drive partition and leave the OS at around 10.6.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]