FORUMS: list search recent posts

plug in for fcp 7 for creating the euronews style of presenting 4 x 3 video in 16 x 9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Coulson
plug in for fcp 7 for creating the euronews style of presenting 4 x 3 video in 16 x 9
on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:10:06 pm

Hi all: I'm not looking for ways to stretch or distort the 4 x 3 image to fake 16 x9; I'm wondering if there is an fcp 7 plug in to creat the effect that Euronews and other broadcasters use. Basically, the effect looks like they take the 4 x 3 image, stretch it to 16 x 9, blur it, then place the original 4 x 3 undistorted image on top. It looks nice and doesn't distort the image. I can do the same with multiple steps in fcp 7 but I think someone must have already created a plug in that can do it quicker.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Steve Coulson
Producer, UN ICTY/MICT

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: plug in for fcp 7 for creating the euronews style of presenting 4 x 3 video in 16 x 9
on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:20:03 pm

No plug in...that's a basic thing you can do. On V1, put the clip...blow it up a bit. Add a GAUSSIAN BLUR to it...bump that to about 20...perhaps lower the opacity to 90 or so. Then on V2, put your clip again...and keep the 4:3 formatting.

Render.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Coulson
Re: plug in for fcp 7 for creating the euronews style of presenting 4 x 3 video in 16 x 9
on Aug 15, 2014 at 2:22:08 pm

Hey Shane: Thanks for the quick reply. Good tips but I'm as always looking for a shortcut. I'm pretty sure broadcast news editors don't go to that trouble when cutting 4 x 3 video for 16 x 9. If I knew how to make a plug in, I would do it. It could be really handy.

Thanks again
Steve

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:08:57 pm

Well, that is exactly what they do. No plugin.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:30:52 pm

Steve: you could save it in Apple motion as a template, essentially the same as a plug-in. Drop zones let you drag and drop the footage into a pre-set arrangement. Another say to do it is to have a saved timeline with the effect already established in it, then just copy>paste attributes into your new footage, bam, done.

Return to posts index

Steve Coulson
on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:40:20 am

Hey guys: Thanks for the Motion tip. I think that's a very good idea that I should have had myself.

Cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:50:54 pm

It doesn't help you now, but you can build effects like this in Motion and export them as effects that open in FCPX. Then, you'd drop the clip you want into an image well and your effect does all the work. Maybe you can do this more quickly in Motion and create composites you then bring into FCP.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.9.2, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCP-X 10.1.1, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 15, 2014 at 5:41:12 pm

Considering that the only tricky part is the initial setup, you do it once, get it right, then use Copy>Paste Attributes on subsequent clips. Pretty easy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]