FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noise industries FXFactory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Neave
Noise industries FXFactory
on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:45:07 am

Hi,
I have been looking into FxFactory Pro as thinking about purchasing it, looking around the internet i've not come across much information on how the software works or how you develop plugins, I have a few questions if anyone can help?
As i will be a newbie to the program is there any tutorials/user manuals/courses rather than trial and error?
Also how does this program help in after effects and motion, is it just away of making a preset patch for quickness and then adding to motion,AE or FCPX?
And if i'm to get really involved in the program making my own transitions, effects and plugins how easy are they to sell as pre made packs, do i have to got through setting up as a partner with FxFactory or is it a case of just making a pack of say 25 transitions and building a site then selling them?
thanks in advance
Elliot

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Noise industries FXFactory
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:19:20 pm

FXFactory Pro is free to demo, so you can try any and all of the plug-ins before purchasing, and they have tutorials for all the plug-ins on their site. They essentially work like any other plug-in: add the effect and modify it to your liking. As far as creating your own plug-ins for FXFactory is concerned I would suggest contacting them directly.

Personally I have found it to be an excellent set of plug-ins itself, and have been very happy with all of the "aftermarket" additions I have purchased for it (Nodes, MoType, Volumetrix, etc.). Give it a try and see what you think.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:22:14 pm

FX Factory is like a show floor. It shows off lots of car models so you can see what they look like, what they do...and then buy them if you want. It's a hub for plugin makers. You don't use it to make plugins...you use it to manage them. Other people make plugins, and use FXFACTORY to sell them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Elliot Neave
on Aug 16, 2014 at 7:34:40 am

So when it comes to plugins, how do you write a plugin and what software would you use? I take it this is code or is it possible to build without using code these days? I take it to sell on FxFactory you have to be apple recommended? As i have seen some site just selling fx or audio plugins to add to fcpx

Return to posts index

Patrick Sheffield
on Oct 8, 2014 at 7:43:58 pm

FxFactory is more than a showroom, plugins are developed IN FxFactory Pro (available as a watermarked demo).

You can make your plugins in Quartz Composer (looks something like this):

These are available in FCP, FCX, Motion, After Effects, and Premier.

Some developers elect to do their plugins in Motion, however those are only available in FCX.

FxFactory handles downloads, payments, watermarks, etc.

does that help?

best,

Patrick Sheffield
Sheffield Softworks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]