FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP copy/paste sequence, audio/video sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Pilott
FCP copy/paste sequence, audio/video sync
on Aug 12, 2014 at 6:33:44 pm

Is there any way to eliminate the sync / slip issues when copying and pasting a sequence of one frame rate into another? In this case I'm copying a 23.98 sequence into a 29.97 sequence, and i'm getting unbelievable results. The second audio clip in the entire 82-minute sequence is over 2 minutes off, a couple of clips later it's almost 4 minutes. I can't make head nor tail of it - I expect a few frames here or there, but this is bizarre.

Any help would be appreciated!

FCP 7.0.3
Macbook Pro 10.8.5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP copy/paste sequence, audio/video sync
on Aug 12, 2014 at 6:56:48 pm

[James Pilott] "Is there any way to eliminate the sync / slip issues when copying and pasting a sequence of one frame rate into another? "

Nope.

[James Pilott] "In this case I'm copying a 23.98 sequence into a 29.97 sequence, and i'm getting unbelievable results."

I know. It's a pain in the butt when someone edits most of the footage into a sequence setting with the wrong frame rate. And you can't just change the frame rate of the sequence, and when you copy/paste, not only do gaps appear between almost every cut, you need to adjust sync. It's not an easy nor simple fix. It's a major deal.

Thus why I suggested your client fix this. But I suspect they would not be the best option...they might not know enough about this to fix it properly...since they painted themselves into this corner to begin with. Even if you wanted to finish this in FCP (I know you are trying to port to Avid), this is a major issue.

And this is why flat rates are bad.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Pilott
on Aug 12, 2014 at 7:04:20 pm

Thanks again Shane - wish you had some better news for me but I do appreciate you taking the time so I don't waste mine!

Getting some joy relinking an AMA'd sequence in Avid, but by some I mean maybe 2% of clips coming online instead of 1%. Looks like I'm in for a long week.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 12, 2014 at 7:12:33 pm

AMA doesn't really work. The maker of Automatic Duck knows this...and this wasn't developed further as he stopped working on the Duck and went to work for Adobe. So development of this working with AMA was never moved forward.

Best to have the duck transcode the footage to DNxHD, making new media.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]