FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Sony a99 (AVCHD) Re-Wrapped Workflow.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Jones
FCP7 Sony a99 (AVCHD) Re-Wrapped Workflow.
on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:07:03 pm
Last Edited By Patrick Jones on Aug 11, 2014 at 2:33:42 am

I have been trying a lot to get this to work -

Current workflow:

Shooting: 1080p/60p
Transfer SD Card: Location: 2nd internal 256 GB SSD (Samsung 840 Pro)
Re-Wrap: Program: Media Converter : Wrapper: Re-wrap AVCHD to Quicktime - uncompressed audio
Create new Project with Easy Set up: Apple ProRes 422 Ues: HDV-Apple ProRes 422 1080p24
Save Project and Capture Scratch to Project Folder on 2nd internal ssd drive.
Add video folder to FCP7 project
Check clip in Viewer window. Playback is smooth
Drag clip to timeline to chop up. Asks to change sequence settings to match clip settings. (clicked yes)
Check playback in Timeline/Canvas window. Smooth - no rendering needed - Bars up top are med. grey
Add another clips after this clip.
ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!
POP UP- GENERAL ERROR (no code)
MUST SELECT OK.
DISPLAY UNAVAILABLE MUST CLOSE AND REOPEN
Close Canvas Widow, which comes timeline panel.
Open back up Project Sequence.
GENERAL ERROR
ERROR: OUT OF MEMORY
SOCKS WALL!!!!!!!!!!

Help is very much needed. Im going to make an espresso..

FCS 3 - MBP 2.93ghz 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD Samsung 840 Pro Main HDD, DVD Cage swap with 256gb SSD Samsung 840 Pro as 2nd internal drive.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 Sony a99 (AVCHD) Re-Wrapped Workflow.
on Aug 11, 2014 at 3:58:00 am

Rewrapping doesn't convert anything...that just re-wraps from mts to Quicktime. AVCHD is an H.264 codec, so your re-wrapped footage is H.264, and FCP doesn't work well with H.264.

[Patrick Jones] "Drag clip to timeline to chop up. Asks to change sequence settings to match clip settings. (clicked yes)"

Yup. You set up a ProRes sequence, and then changed it to H.264 when you did that part. That is the cause for your headaches. Look at your sequence settings and you'll note that it's now H.264.

Change the sequence COMPRESSOR to ProRes in the Sequence Settings, and then render.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 11, 2014 at 4:01:42 am

Oh...another issue is that your footage is 1080p60, and FCP doesn't really work with 60fps at 1080. That's a "non-standard" format. FCP works with broadcast formats, and the only broadcast format that's 60fps is 720p. So two strikes...H.264 and 1080p 60fps.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Patrick Jones
on Aug 11, 2014 at 4:11:01 am

Thanks for replying -

The render time is ridiculous! 2 cameras 50mins each... 24 hours of rendering?

FCS 3 - MBP 2.93ghz 16gb RAM, 256gb SSD Samsung 840 Pro Main HDD, DVD Cage swap with 256gb SSD Samsung 840 Pro as 2nd internal drive.

Return to posts index

Patrick Jones
on Aug 11, 2014 at 4:14:55 am

Yea - I can't render for 24 hours straight - Any direction?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 11, 2014 at 7:08:18 am

Other than converting all of your footage to ProRes and relinking...and that might take longer...no, I don't. You got started on the wrong foot, and this is the only way to fix it. 24 hours for your sequence? How long is it? What plugins are you using?

1080p 60fps...that's a lot of large frames. I'm sure it'd go quicker if you were using a standard 30fps (29.97) or 24fps (23.98). And, if I were you, I'd consider more current editing apps. Adobe Premiere Pro will edit this format natively (AVCHD), without the need to re-wrap, or even render. The only rendering happens when you export.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]