FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 error when using iDVD after compressing file!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Newsome
Final Cut Pro 7 error when using iDVD after compressing file!
on Aug 9, 2014 at 2:45:15 am

I recently filmed a children's production for a local school, have been using FCP7 for easily 5 years now, and am familiar with most of its facets.
I started experimenting with multiclip editing on this project, found it made my process way easier, and finished the project. The first time around, I had color corrected one of the camera angles to match the other, but got general errors when trying to compress. After ridding myself entirely of the color correction (maybe the render file was too large?) I compressed the final product and was happy with the 12 GB compressed version. I burned a master copy DVD - using iDVD - only checked the first 10 seconds (as I foolishly usually do) and shipped it to my friend for mass production of 50 copies.

Now here's the issue. The compressed file (on my hard drive .mov form) plays all the way through, no problem. However, the DVD freezes after 2 minutes. Every time. I have compressed tons of other versions and tried time and time again, same issue, no dice. It seems my original files may be corrupted? It's strange because playback is fine in the .mov version on my harddrive, but no matter what compression type I use, it won't burn past a certain point. HELP!

EDIT: I should preface, it was shot on a Panasonic HMC 150 at 720p. If that helps anyone point me in the right direction as to which compression setting I should choose!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]