FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode off set calculator

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
Timecode off set calculator
on Aug 8, 2014 at 7:20:43 pm

Anybody know of a timecode offset calculator? Editors from tape based editing know what I mean while others may not. All my footage TC time of day free run with exception to the GoPros.

I'm editing a program shot with 7 cameras and 6 GoPros, the 7 cameras have TC all set within a few frames of each other and start and stop rolling randomly. The GoPros do not have TC and continuously roll for the duration of the event.

I'm manually matching up cameras against a GoPro's track and have established sync points, now I'm dealing with cameras starting and stopping and need to calculate the off set for hundreds of clips.

or perhaps I change the GoPro TC, but that makes me nervous.

GoPro TC 00:05:45:26
Cam 4 TC 09:24:50:08

Whats the off set and is there a calculator to handle this?

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Timecode off set calculator
on Aug 8, 2014 at 7:46:14 pm

Well, first off, are they both set for non-drop? Are they both running the same frame rate?

I have an iPhone and have two timecode calculators....EditCalc and Timecode Calculator by panoptik.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Harrington
Re: Timecode off set calculator
on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:06:08 pm

Yes and Yes, same frame rate 1920 X 1080 59.97 and same DFTC, kinda surprised the GoPro in FCP 7 report DFTC.

I use to do off set calculations in my head back in the day but some of these just become a mind binder.

I'm finding it pretty easy to just look at last clip end TC, look at next clip start TC, calculate the diff and skoot down the timeline that amount.

Thanks, I'll check out the apps and hope they allow for off set calculation.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Mavrick, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, G Speed 6TB Raid 5, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, Matrox MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]