FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sudden problem dragging multitrack audio clips into FCP 7 timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Anderson
Sudden problem dragging multitrack audio clips into FCP 7 timeline
on Aug 8, 2014 at 6:09:53 pm

Hi!
I'm in the midst of preparing sequences of each take of a short film for audio sync with pluraleyes. I've created around 10 sequences so far where I have dragged in the video files w/camera sound and then I drag in the audio files (which have been recorded on a multi-track recorder, but I don't know which one) - there are 6 tracks of audio per take, and until now, when I select them all and drag them into my sequence they've been neatly lining themselves up on top of each other for each take, which makes work very fast.

But now, suddenly, i'm starting a new sequence, and instead of the clips lining up on top of each other for each take, they all stay one after another in one track, which means instead of having 10 takes with 6 tracks, I have 60 clips all in one track and i have to manually move the clips down onto their separate tracks. This is obviously time consuming and tedious.

The problem is is that I have no idea what I could have done to cause this sudden change in the handling of my audio files. I haven't consciously changed anything as far as i'm concerned, unless i did something accidentally (possible) which has caused this.

Does anyone have any clue??

Running FCP 7.0.3 on an Imac 10.6.8 (yup, old).

Thank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]