FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 MXF import mysteries

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernesto Brelièreovsky
C300 MXF import mysteries
on Aug 7, 2014 at 4:26:58 pm

Dear CC users,

I apologize for posting yet another topic on the extraterrestrial functioning of MXF importing to FCP, but this time it is defeating me.

I have used in the past Calibrated, XF utility and even Compressor for Pro Res encodes, changing the directories several times without encountering any issues, footage were smooth and easily accessible.

But this time, none of the applications mentioned above do function… FCP denies access of course, XF utility remains silent, Calibrated has gone limp for some reason, and Compressor doesn't recognize the files (although I'm not sure it can natively manipulate MXFs).

I've tried on 3 different machines running FCP7 and X with firmware installs : nothing works.

I'd be reeeealy grateful if anyone who's gone through the same labyrinth could help me. I've uploaded an impage of our disorganized new directory (Yes, I know, I didn't do it…)

Thanks a lot
Ernesto

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: C300 MXF import mysteries
on Aug 7, 2014 at 4:54:59 pm

If the directory is completely messed up, then that will cause problems importing...in various NLEs and conversion software that need that file structure. Interesting that Calibrated won't work...do you have the latest version of that?

(Compressor cannot read MXF files, period, so that's off the table).

There are many MXF converters out there...google them, and see if they have demos. Personally I use Premiere Pro or Avid to access these files, so I haven't needed third party software. And PPro and Avid have free demos. Avid does need the file structure for C300, but Adobe does not...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: C300 MXF import mysteries
on Aug 8, 2014 at 12:50:02 pm

I'm running FCP7 and have no issues bringing in my C300 files. Are you getting the "Does not recognize" error when doing LOG and TRANSFER? If so, you need to install the latest Canon plug-in. What I found is you need to install the latest Canon plug even thought it may be for the a different (Later) OS system than you have. Just install it anyway and it will work. (I'm on OSX10.7)

Other than that, you can use a standalone program like MPEG Streamclip, but it's a bit more work.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]