FORUMS: list search recent posts

Contour shuttle pro v2 with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Wilson
Contour shuttle pro v2 with FCP 7
on Aug 5, 2014 at 9:22:42 am

Hi,

I just bought a shuttle pro as an alternate for my keyboard due to RSI complaints. It seems like a handy device with all the ergonomically placed programmable buttons, but I'm having a couple of problems after setting it up (I'm running the 2.2 version of the software and I want to use it for Final cut 7 (still)):

When turning the jog backwards the OSX dock appears and when turning it forward I hear the key-repeat sound (the OS sound you hear when you're clicking something wrong) and it doesn't fast forward.

Also, I was wondering if I can change the maximum speed in which it fast Ffor or Fback. The default key combinations that are assigned are ctrl F2 to F11. I tried to assign multiple times L (from jkl) but that doesn't work.

Is anybody using this device with FCP7? I'd be interested to know if you use it regularly and it would be great if someone has an answer to my questions.

Greeting, Robin Wilson (editor)

Return to posts index

Robin Wilson
Re: Contour shuttle pro v2 with FCP 7
on Aug 5, 2014 at 10:34:53 am

Hi,

I found the problem. All I had to do was unmark all the ctlF* keyboard shortcuts in system prefs (duh...)

I suspect the second problem (faster back/faster forward) is unsolvable... these speeds will have to do.

Still curious for some user reviews though ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]