FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to solve this QUICK! Out of memory problem.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Burgess
Need to solve this QUICK! Out of memory problem.
on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:36:07 pm

Someone made a slide show in iMovie but wants me to tweak it a bit in FCP and spit it out on DVD using DVDSP. I've got their file in my timeline and have it the way I want. I go to export it and it says I'm out of memory. The other times I've had that happen is when a photo is too big. In this case, I don't have the original photos to resize. I just have the .m4v file. How can I solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Need to solve this QUICK! Out of memory problem.
on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:40:55 pm

FCP doesn't work with m4v files. That's your issue. This needs to be converted to ProRes FIRST, before you edit. But what to do for now? What are your sequence settings? Are they at least ProRes? If not, change them to ProRes, render, and try to export. This will make it so that you need to render everything, and the export will be based on those ProRes render files, and not the original M4V file.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jay Burgess
Re: Need to solve this QUICK! Out of memory problem.
on Jul 31, 2014 at 7:39:55 pm

I thought I had the sequence set to ProRes but maybe not. I closed the project, deleted it and started over brand new. I made sure my sequence was ProRes, got all my settings how I wanted them and brought in the file. It worked. Got it in DVDSP and burned it. It works.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]