FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 won't let me apply audio filter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rosenfeld
FCP 7 won't let me apply audio filter
on Jul 30, 2014 at 3:59:03 pm

Hi, I'm new to FCP 7, but everything's been going well so far just by following the manual, until I ran into this problem.

I've selected an audio clip in the timeline and followed the directions for applying compressor/limiter, but nothing happens. What I did was to go to the effects drop down menu > audio effects > final cut pro > compressor/limiter. But there was no noticeable change to the audio waveforms, and I am unable to call up the parameters to check or make adjustments. For example, the manual says you can make such adjustments by right-clicking the Clips Keyframe button in the bottom left of the timeline and use the shortcut menu that pops up to get to the Filters bar in the Keyframe graph area.

Well, no such thing happens. I get no Keyframe graph area popping up and no sign of a Filters bar. Furthermore, there is no tab in the browser for Filters and nothing under the Effects tab in the Viewer. It almost seems like my FCP 7 doesn't even have audio filters.

Help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7 won't let me apply audio filter
on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:07:36 pm

Drag the effect onto the clip?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Rosenfeld
Re: FCP 7 won't let me apply audio filter
on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:43:15 pm

Hi, Larry, I believe I tried that too already. And got the same result. But I don't even know how I did it, because now I don't even see anything come up in the tabs in the browser or viewer that I could drag into the project in the first place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]