FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why have I lost the ability to playback sync open multiclips for live cutting?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Why have I lost the ability to playback sync open multiclips for live cutting?
on Jul 29, 2014 at 2:51:32 pm

I've been working on a project for about a month now which involved multiple interviews shot with an A and B cam. I made these in to multiclips and have been editing happily with them since.

For the most part, it hasn't really been necessary to live cut, but now and then it's useful and since they're already multiclips I'd like the capacity, I've also been doing this succesfully the whole time.

This was all fine until an hour ago, all of a sudden, the playback is now such that, if load a multiclip from the timeline in to the viewer and turn on sync open, I can only see the 4 up display I set it to when playback is paused. During actual playback, only one angle (the angle from which the audio source is selected) will fill the entire viewer. If I click where the missing extra tiles should be, the live cutting actually works, edits are made, but I can't see what's going on in any of those angles, I'm cutting blind, all I see is my audio angle. As soon as playback is paused, it goes back. During scrubbing, the viewer flickers between the 4-up and single angle displays rapdily.

I have multiclip playback checked, I have all the sync and 4-up settings correct and unchanged from when they were previously working and nothing else should have changed. I've tried a P-ram reset, trashing preferences, starting a new project and copying the sequence in to it, resetting final cit, resetting the computer, I even accidentally did an entire internet recovery of the OS (don't ask). I've switched from my USB 3 express card adaptor slots to the usb 2 in case anything about the USB 3 extension I downloaded was causing the issue and all of it has seen no change whatsoever to the problem. What gives?

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
Re: Why have I lost the ability to playback sync open multiclips for live cutting?
on Jul 29, 2014 at 3:51:55 pm

Actually solved my own problem. Embarrassingly basic troubleshooting step I should have taken much sooner before all the other stuff I tried. Just cleared the render cache. I don't exactly understand why there would be anything from these clips in the render cache as I'd not been rendering them because they could playback real time but in any case, clearing the render cache fixed it up right away.

Return to posts index

simon bryant
Re: Why have I lost the ability to playback sync open multiclips for live cutting?
on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:16:13 am

If a you render a multiclip in your timeline either on purpose or by accident (I always work with auto-render
switched off) then your multiclip will not play back in the viewer. The quickest way I know to unrender is to disable and then enable the clip in question (press ctrl-b twice), thus making it unrendered, alot easier than deleting all your render files.

S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]