FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow Sony A7s 100p/50p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robby brs
Workflow Sony A7s 100p/50p
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:42:30 pm

Hi..anyone worked with media from the Sony A7S camera.
especially convert files XAVS 100p/50p to Apple ProRes because the few times I tried the resulting file does not match the original file,that the file should slowmotion (100p/50p) but became normal 25fps not slow-motion (I use HD video converter Acrok)
is there a workflow solution for me to do the settings file XAVS especially for 100p / 50p to Apple ProRes?
because it is usually when the Canon camera setting record 50p with cinema tools enough then converted to Apple ProRes.
by the way I have tried various brands of software converter
  but all the same that is generated does not match the original file from

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Workflow Sony A7s 100p/50p
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:53:40 pm

You use Compressor or MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert to ProRes at 100p or 50p. Then you use Cinema Tools to conform that to the frame rate you want...29.97, 23.98. that conform will slow the footage down properly

SMOOTH SLOW MOTION FROM 60P USING CINEMA TOOLS
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/slow-motion_cinema-tools/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

chris gu
Re: Workflow Sony A7s 100p/50p
on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:13:37 am

The a7S uses XAVC S recording format, but the problem is at present XVAC-S, a long GOP inter-frame codec, does not appear to be supported by Final Cut Pro. Apple does not respond on the issues and no one here knows or can say when, if ever, XVAC-S will be natively supported by FCP (X). To edit Sony a7S XAVC S footage in FCP smoothly, a suggestion is to transcode "XAVC S" to "ProRes", which is the native support format by FCP. According to your situation, what you need is to find a professional XAVC S converter that enables you change XAVC S files from Sony a7S to FCP ProRes keeping original quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]