FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxy leads to unsynchronized and smaller playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Berg
Proxy leads to unsynchronized and smaller playback
on Jul 26, 2014 at 2:45:13 am

I'm editing a music video and my friend advised me to start my project by making proxies instead of using the original files (or a full prores compression which I'm used to). I converted to the Prores 422 (Proxy) preset keeping the same dimensions as original (1920x1080). I edited with these proxies, planning to trick FCP into reconnecting to the original uncompressed files later. The footage was shot on a Canon 7D with H.264 compression.
Now, I just tried to print a rough and noticed that the image seemed small, like 3:2 or something. Once I inspected the Sequence settings, it seems they were totally off ( I just assumed that it would detect the settings of the Proxies and when it gave me the warning message after dropping the first clip in the timeline, I could trust the settings would match the video). But instead, the settings were 720x480 NTSC DV (3:2), NTSC - CCIR 601, compressor- DV/DVCPRO NTSC.

I switched it to 1920x1080, Square, Apple Prores 422 (Proxy) but it will automatically change to 1620x1080 if I re-open the sequence settings.
Also, the image in the playback is really small and the video is now out-of-sync with the audio.

What should I do now to get my sequence back on track, looking like a normal widescreen HD video?

Also, when it comes time to switch to the original video files, what is the best process so that the sequence has the right settings?

Thanks.
Macbook Pro OS 10.8.5, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]